Advance your technical writing skills with a two-day interactive course online.
All technical professionals are called upon to write technical documents at some point in their careers. Your success depends on your ability to write and present your information clearly and distinctly. This course is designed for professionals in a variety of disciplines who create technical documentation in the workplace or may be considering a career in technical writing.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- State the fundamental elements of technical writing.
- Write to target the reading audience, its knowledge level, and its degree of need.
- Understand the principles of technical communication using various grammatical formats.
- Practice analysis and interpretation of data.
- Use visual aids and graphics to enhance reader understanding and retention.
- Use proper writing formats, grammar, and punctuation.
- Understand elements of technical documents, such as tables of contents, indexes, summaries, and glossaries.
Two Four-Hour Sessions
Day 1: Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. EDT
Day 2: Thursday, October 15, 2020, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. EDT
$160 per registrant
This eight-hour course is now being offered as virtual instructor-led training via Zoom. Each participant will receive a Zoom meeting link and password as well as an electronic, PDF version of the course participant guide.
Optional Writing Consultation
- Suggested revisions and the rationale for making them
- Detailed proofreading review with explanations
- Summary of your common errors
- Discussion about style and tone
- Formatting feedback
- Answers to lingering questions about English usage
- Dialogue about other related topics
Optional Career Consultation
- In-depth resume review and critique
- which industries are hiring
- Hiring outlook in your industry
- Personalized advice on breaking into technical writing
- Interview tips
- Current and upcoming trends
- Worthwhile programs and certifications