Training is essential to organizational growth, and effective training begins with quality training development.
If you want to create new training programs for your organization, Instructional Design 101 will provide you with a foundation for success. Contact us to learn more about on-site training and consulting services for your organization.
In this two-day, instructor-led course, you will learn the basics of instructional design and receive valuable job aids and information on industry best practices. You will also gain hands-on experience by applying adult learning methodologies and creating storyboards for instructor-led and elearning training environments.
To learn more about eLearning, check out our eLearning Overview.
Instructional Design 101 Course Outline
- What is instructional design?
- Seven skills for success
- Understanding instructional design terminology
Understanding Adult Learning
- Approaches to adult learning
- Best practices for adult learning
Instructional Design Methodologies
- Bloom’s taxonomy
- Kemp design model
- Gagné’s nine events of instruction
- Cognitive load theory
- Rapid prototyping
- Choosing an effective methodology
Types of Training
- Synchronous and instructor-led training
- Asynchronous and self-paced training
- Other types of training
Instructional Design Software and LMS
- Software for ILT and web-based training
- Learning management systems (LMSs)
- Instructor-led training
- Virtual training
Effective Project Planning
- Writing a project plan
- Assigning project roles
- Working with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Communicating with stakeholders