In this two-day course, you will learn the basics of technical writing.
Learn how to effectively analyze your audience, gather information from subject matter experts, and create a variety of technical documents. We’ll discuss processes, tasks, and best practices for technical documents. This course includes a workshop, during which you will develop and review sample technical documents.
Contact us to learn more about on-site training and consulting services.
Technical Writing 101 Course Outline
The Technical Writing Process
- Analyzing the Audience
- Gathering Content
- Working with Subject Matter Experts
Technical Writing Tasks
- Creating Document Outlines
- Explaining Processes
- Using Visual Aids
- Formatting Documents
Technical Writing Workshop
- Understanding the User Interface
- Using Templates
- Writing Software Instructions
- Writing Policies and Procedures
- Writing Drafts
- Developing Content
- Creating a Table of Contents
- Creating an Index
- Conducting Document Reviews
- Revising Documents
Expand upon these skills in Technical Writing Project Essentials.