Resolve to give your pen the power and attention it deserves this year. Here are 10 New Year’s resolutions for writers.
I will not:
- Let other people’s negative opinions affect how I feel about my writing ability.
- Rewrite a sentence to avoid grammar or syntax that I’m not sure about.
- Hit send before I proofread.
- Give up before my writing gets published.
- Be satisfied with mediocre drivel, even if I can get away with it.
- Carry a pocket notebook.
- Write something I’m proud of every day.
- Invest time in helping my kids and coworkers become more enthusiastic writers.
- Use my coffee energy for writing, not email.
- Improve my fiction by having one conversation with an imaginary person each day.