ProEdit provides technical writing services for a wide variety of products, companies, and industries. From healthcare to user manuals, software documentation, SEO training materials, and everything in between, our writing team has years of experience in a range of technical content.
Technical content development is important in every business industry, but a company doesn’t necessarily need a full-time in-house technical writer for content creation. This is why small businesses and established enterprises alike will benefit from ProEdit’s technical writing services, which include on-site and remote content development.
What Do ProEdit’s Technical Writers Work On?
Our skilled technical writers take complex technical information and make it clear and concise for the intended audience or user experience. Team members produce high-quality deliverables for a range of industries and services:
- User guides, including training manuals, knowledge-base articles, and standard operating procedures (SOPs). This includes procedures required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- White papers, technical reports, and case studies
- Systems and programming documentation (API)
- Requests for proposals (RFPs)
- ISO documentation
- Content writing for learning management systems
- Software documentation
- Online help
- Technical web content
But that’s certainly not all. ProEdit team members are also efficient in proofreading, copywriting, graphic design, digital marketing, and more.
What Is Technical Writing?
Technical content writers help the target audience understand the technical aspects of a product or service. To do so, they take complex technical information and translate it into clear, easy-to-understand language.
Here’s an example of high-quality technical documentation:
A technical writer works with a company to develop a white paper. This widely-used content marketing tool outlines a specific problem, challenge, or issue and provides solutions.
White papers are written for a specific target audience, so the technical writer works with the client’s subject matter experts to understand the value of a product, service, or strategy.
This type of technical writing communicates technical information in a concise, clearly organized way, often incorporating case studies, illustrators, and graphic design. In some instances, the white paper may require localization to adapt the content development for different languages and cultures.
With a clear understanding of the subject matter, the technical writer develops the white paper using standard operating procedures (SOPs) such as preferred style guides and document design standards. After the client and its SMEs review the draft, the technical writer makes revisions and delivers the product to the client.
What Skills Do ProEdit’s Technical Writers Have?
ProEdit has a highly skilled team of technical writers ready to tackle your project. We hire U.S.-based, native English speakers with proven (and tested) writing skills and extensive experience in the technical communication industry.
We hire both full-time and part-time technical writers to keep us nimble to meet your project demands. All of our writers have a bachelor’s degree or applicable professional degree, and many have advanced degrees in a wide variety of applicable fields.
Our team members also understand and employ industry-standard document design techniques. They focus on the usability of the technical content they produce. They all have advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), TechSmith SnagIt, and Adobe’s technical communication products. We also use Madcap Flare.
Technical writing services encompass more than just writing. ProEdit’s technical communication writing team also has astute communication skills. Our content writers interact regularly with clients and subject matter experts to understand complex information and cull it into clear, usable technical content. Client interaction may also include video calls, face-to-face content-gathering meetings, and visits to client facilities (for example, a manufacturing plant).
What Is ProEdit’s Approach to Technical Writing Projects?
We work closely with you to understand the specific nature of your technical writing project. We scope the project, assemble a team of the best technical writers, and then complete the project to 100% satisfaction. Our approach to content creation is consultative, process-driven, team-based, and specific to your technical content needs.
- We are consultative. ProEdit takes earning your business seriously. Before scoping the project, we work with your subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand your current challenges. Then, we tailor our approach into a cost-saving, successful technical documentation solution. We blend technical communication best practices, methodologies, and expertise to deliver value and success.
- We are process-driven. For over 30 years, ProEdit has developed mature draft and review processes for creating great technical content and managing successful projects. We employ a continuous feedback loop between clients and our team to consistently refine our processes.
- We are team-based. We assemble superior technical writing teams for each engagement, whether we are working remotely or bringing our team on-site to you. We believe successful content creation teams have the right mix of writing skills, experience, and personality. Every project team also includes a technical editor, who ensures your technical documentation is accurate, free of errors, and adheres to your style guide.
I’m Interested in Learning More about Technical Writing Jobs
Are you looking for a new technical writing job? Or is instructional design, business writing, or report writing something you are interested in? Let us know! We are always looking for outstanding writers to join our team. Follow us on social media for the latest information, and share your thoughts with us on our blog.